Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just Be Real...

“We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts, we make the world." - Buddha

I've had multiple incidents lately with various people that have just left me feeling kind of "bleh". If I know the truth, and you know the truth, then why bullshit me? Do you think you're ego can't take it? Do you think mine can't? Word of advice... I plan on seeing the sun rise tomorrow... so just go ahead and be real with me.  I will deal with it because I MUST.

I've gotten to the point where the words coming out of someones mouth mean nothing to me unless their character backs it up.  It as if... if you want to know the true meaning behind something you must take someones words, compare those words to their actions, and only then can you really ascertain the true meaning. 

The worst... I mean WORST thing about it is... most people have been so full of their own bullshit for so long that they've forgotten how to wipe properly.  I'm not immune to this, but, I can honestly say I actively try wipe myself once in a while.

Seriously though, just be real.  If you want to tell me I'm a jerk, then do it.  If you think I'm a sexy beast, then say it.  If you think I'm ignorant, dumb, a genius, wierd, etc... then JUST SAY IT.  What really stinks is you can't force someone to do this.  Yup, free will ... its a butt kicker.  All you can do is sit back and hope that a miracle happens.

I think I just find this whole thing annoying because it is just a waste of time really.  It's wasting my time... and your time.  Honestly, if were just going to sit around and toss sarcasms, lies, games, fluff, bullcrap, ignorance, and everything else that shields the truth then whats the point?  Do people really think they can have lasting relationships under those terms?  It's no surprise that 50% of all marriages these days end in divorce.  I'm going to take that statistic one step further:

  • If you can't communicate with yourself properly... then you certainly wont be able to with your husband/wife.
  • If you can't communicate with your husband/wife... then you certainly wont be able to with your friends.
  • If you can't communicate with your friends... then you certainly wont be able to with strangers.
  • If you can't communicate with strangers... then you have nothing.

So, the way I read that statistic above is that 50% of the people in this country are so full of bullshit that they are utterly and completely miserable because there is no truth in their lives.  Being real is the only way forward in my opinion.  And that starts with the self.

Here is a great movie scene that descibes some of my rant:

No comments:

Post a Comment