Monday, June 25, 2012

Month Long Vegetarian Trial

For a long time I've heard people bash this way of eating.  I do find a little humor in people calling vegetarians hippies... hah... but, there is a lot of real nonsense out there as well.  Things like, "Oh, it's not healthy", or "You can't make muscular gains eating like that", or "You need meat".  After watching and reading a lot of information on various diets I've decided to try the one that I really haven't come close to trying before... and that's this one.  There is no information like self information... so I will try this a month and see how I feel and do a little updates along the way.

Right now these are my current stats:

190lbs
10-12% body fat
Athletic
6'1

My goal is to drop body fat, put on muscle, lower my resting heart rate, increase my VO2Max, and see how i feel at regular intervals through the whole thing.

I am going to modify this diet a little bit by:

1. Keeping breads, pastas, fruits, and processed foods at a low.
2. Supplementing protein.
3. One cheat meal a week.


Basically this diet will consist of nuts, fruits (minimal), vegetables, and meat substitutes.  I will also try and make a daily update if possible.  Heck, I might even go get blood work for the hell of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment